We are "old Fashioned" – we believe in comfort, value, and warm hospitality at a consistent rate for all of our guests, all of the time, reflecting a fair and honest value.
Our rates do not reflect "Dynamic Pricing," or as the airlines call it, "Load Maximization" – going up and down from one moment to the next.
You may find a cheaper price elsewhere, but likely not for a nicer stay.
Check In: Rooms are ready by 3pm, if not earlier.
- Feel free to come and drop bags off anytime.
- The office is open until 11pm, but later check ins may be prearranged.
Check Out: 12 noon. We are happy to hold bags for a later departure.
Length of stay: Two night minimum on weekends during peak seasons and most holidays.
- We sometimes open weekends up for one night stays during slower periods.
- If online availability shows a "hole" that would accommodate a one night weekend stay, please call to inquire.
Breakfast: 8 - 10:30am, Afternoon Tea: 4 - 6:30pm
- Continental breakfast and afternoon tea are included in the rates.
- Rooms are subject to 16.25% city hotel tax; parking (if needed) has a 14% parking tax.
- Cancellation period is 48 hours prior to arrival (three weeks prior to arrival for a group of 3 or more rooms). The first night's charges apply to a late cancellation or a no-show!
- Cancellations must be made by phone or email. Timely cancellations will receive a cancellation number.
- During peak season, we can allot a group up to a maximum of 5 rooms. Exceptions may be made during off season or for special circumstances. Group bookings must be made directly with our group specialist.
- Attempted group bookings made online without approval are subject to review by our group specialist and may be cancelled.
- Groups have a 3 week cancellation period and are charged in full upon entering that period. The charge can be split amongst multiple credit cards if prearranged.
- We have a few different options to accommodate families of different sizes. More information can be found on our Rates page of our website. Please call or email to discuss your family's needs.
- We are a dog-friendly hotel. There is a one-time $40 charge.
- Dogs may not be left alone in room and must be leashed when out of room and hotel (San Francisco law).
- San Francisco also has a pooper-scooper law. We have plenty of baggies if dog-owners forget to bring their own.
The entire hotel is NON-SMOKING.
- City law prohibits smoking in hotel public space and our rooms are all non-smoking. If you smoke in a room, cleaning and/or damage fees may be added to your bill.